cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonW95
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Power Button Light not cominrg on, however I can here the fans in the computer.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Slimline 400-034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So until today I haven’t had any trouble with my desktop. When I got on (tried) I pressed the power button to turn it on, and it made a swoosh kind of sound (always has when I started it). Except this time there was no power light on the power button. I can hear the fans and on the back where the power cords plugs in there is a green light. My mouse and keyboard aren’t turning on (not recoeving power?) and I’ve tried to unplug everything and hold the power Hutton for 30 seconds but that hasn’t helped. Hopefully this does. Any help is appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 271 395
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JasonW95

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your desktop does not boot,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Perform a hard reset (All-in-Ones and Desktops)

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by a hard reset, which decreases the amount of power stored in hardware components.

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.
  3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

Confirm the power source and power cord are working (Desktops)

• Plug another working electrical device into the outlet you are using to see if it has power. Try the computer in a different outlet to eliminate the outlet as the source of the issue.

• Remove all extension cords, power strips, surge protectors and any converters that remove ground. Plug the computer power cable directly to the wall outlet, and then test for power. If this fixes the issue, confirm which device is causing the issue and do not use it.

• Test with another power cable that is compatible with the computer.

• Disconnect any peripheral devices except for the keyboard, mouse, and monitor, to see if any are causing the power issue.

• Remove any newly added internal components such as a video card, memory, or a disc drive. The power these components require can exceed what the computer power supply is rated for. If this fixes the issue, try a different component that meets power specifications.

Disconnect external devices from the computer

Disconnect any of the following types of peripherals, drives, or expansion cards from your computer to check if they are causing the issue.

NOTE: Do not disconnect the keyboard or mouse from your desktop or all-in-one PC as part of this test.

• Additional monitor or display

• CD/DVD media

• Docking station

• Mobile phone charging cable

• Printer

• SD cards

• Speakers

• USB hard drive

• Web camera

For more troubleshooting steps, please click the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03515402.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact our phone support: 

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation