Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I disabled BitLocker in Windows with the appropriate code on my new HP EliteOne 800 G6. After restarting the PC, the Power-On Authentication screen now suddenly appears with password or fingerprint prompt. However, I have neither set a password nor a fingerprint and can now neither call the BIOS nor start Windows.

Please Help!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

A "new" HP PC comes with a few months of free support from HP. So, contact HP Support.

Also, who sold the PC to you? Do they have something like a "30 day no questions" return policy?

HP Recommended

there is usually a bios password clear jumper on the motherboard.

I realise its not very helpful without pointing it out where exactly. but HP doesnt seem to have published what motherboard its using in the G6 computers.

HP Recommended

@LiteBlue wrote:

Hello

I disabled BitLocker in Windows with the appropriate code on my new HP EliteOne 800 G6. After restarting the PC, the Power-On Authentication screen now suddenly appears with password or fingerprint prompt. However, I have neither set a password nor a fingerprint and can now neither call the BIOS nor start Windows.

Please Help!

The two concepts are completely orthogonal and independent, but both are central to security design, and the failure to get either one correct opens up the avenue to compromise.

In terms of web apps, very crudely speaking, authentication is when you check login credentials to see if you recognize a user as logged in, and authorization is when you look up in your access control whether you allow the user to view, edit, delete or create content.

HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community! 🙂 

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:  

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.  

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region.  

Kind regards,  

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.