Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power On Password In Bios

HP 19 2113W
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Put a new hard drive in this computer. It worked fine, but we could not get the power-on password when it started up to go away. Started it one morning, went in to Bios and thought I was deleting the password and now we can not get on at all. 

I need help! I have tried every possible number, code, even the cmos battery and power button. What else if anything can I do???

Thank you

Matthew

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,561 7,988
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Matthew16

You have the Lupin-C - Motherboard 

Lupin.JPG

Use the jumpers below the CMOS battery to remove the password.

I am not sure what exact combination it is but give them all a try if you need to???

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm writing this because I could not find any info on the CMOS jumpers to take off the BIOS password. I am troubleshooting an HP19 All in one desktop unit which has a Lupin-C Motherboard, with Windows 10 OS. The default setting on where the two jumpers sit are 4&6   and 3&5 (I have provided pictures). The two jumpers will be right next to each other at the default setting. Please unplug the computer from power source before messing with the innards of the computer.

To reset the BIOS password, move the jumpers place on 3&5 to 1&3 (please see the photo). Turn on the computer and hit ESC key which will give you the option to go to the BIOS. I had success with this.

Turn off the machine and unplug it from the power source. Place the jumpers back to their default placement.

Hope this helps.

HPHP

The picture above is the default setting. 2 jumpers above the CMOS Battery, in between the CMOS and SD Card slot. Please note the numbers on the motherboards.

HP19 Lupin C Motherboard CMOS RESET Jumper Setting-minHP19 Lupin C Motherboard CMOS RESET Jumper Setting-min

the picture above shows how jumpers should be placed to reset the BIOS Password.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation