Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline 23-m210ea

Hi I have a HP Envy Recline 23 Beats edition AiO but my kids have some how put a power on password on it and dont remember what it is.  I have taken the back of the AiO off and located the battery but i dont see any jumpers to reset the cmos.

Any help in to the location of the jumper would be awesome as i need to get this machine running again

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Remove the motherboard battery. Let the PC sit for about 20 minutes.

This should reset CMOS to defaults with no BIOS password required.

Resetting Windows passwords is not supported in this forum.

Regards

HP Recommended

I left the cmos battery our overnight a good 14 hours and then plugged it in and it still says power on password

HP Recommended

been over 14 hours and it did nothing  im so stuck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.