Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power Supply & BSOD

H81287C Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Whenever i tell the computer to shut down via the software "Shutdown" command  it will shut down except for the front red bar LED.  It will not restart with the power button.  Once it is power cycled it will power back up.  The only way i can get it to power off completely is via the power switch on the back of the power supply.  If you tell it to do a restart while it is running it powers down completely and starts back up again.  Thought maybe there was a power supply problem and tried another one but the problem persists.  I am now also getting random Blue Screens of Death intermittantly.  I have replaced the HD with an SSD and done a clean install of Win 7 SP1.  Do not use Win 10. Tried it and caused way too many problems with certain software I run by constantly reseting things.  I am suspecting Mother Board problems but before I order one I want some verification or other suggestions. 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation