Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion S5710f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Where does the power switch plug into the motherboard?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dwhammack -- is this your computer: HP Pavilion Slimline s5710f Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The ON/OFF button probably has 2 wires, leading down to 2 labelled pins somewhere on the motherboard.

HP-Apricot-c02552516-motherboard.jpg

Do you see the various connection-points along the very bottom of the above image of the "Apriocot" motherboard? Are there are labels printed on the motherboard, identifying the type of each connector?

HP Recommended

Show me where. I have gone over this board and I do not see anything marked for power or PWR

HP Recommended

@Dwhammack -- since you, not I, physically have the motherboard, what labels do you see:

Capture.JPG

below each of these connector-blocks?

Or, from the bottom-right corner of the motherboard:

Capture.JPG

Again, the image on the Internet is too "fuzzy" for me to look for any connector blocks near that "yellow" SATA block, and for me to read any labeling near any possible connector blocks.

Sorry, but I can only copy-and-paste from a "fuzzy" picture on the Internet. 

But, if you have a magnifying glass (or use your smart-phone's camera to take a short video) to "zoom" into the labelling, you might get an answer to your question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.