Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hpt730

Hi there,

I've been slowly working on an HP T730 to run as a PF sense box. I've been having trouble getting it to boot, both with and without a 4 port NIC in the PCIe slot. 

I plug the unit in, it auto powers up and after 3 seconds jt shuts down.  After this. The power button is unresponsive.  Once in a while it will actually stay powered on, but not often. 

On a whim I tested the output of the power supply

It is rated at 19.5V but the actual output is only 15.3.  Would this be causing boot issues due to lack of voltage? Thought I would ask before ordering a new one.

Or any other thoughts would be appreciated 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You might take the computer to an owner/operator computer store, with the intent to purchase a new power-supply. They should connect the new PS and show that it works. If it solves your problem, buy it. If it does not solve your problem, thank the person for their effort. Probably, the person has the skills to do more trouble-shooting, using your original power-supply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.