Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
40 27 1 6
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ProDesk Mini 600 G1-G2 won't boot occasionally (No disk found error, after SSD upgrade)

ProDesk Mini 600 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HP ProDesk Mini 600 G1 and G2 where I replaced the factory 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD for a faster and more reliable SSD drive, the G1 have a Patriot SSD and the G2 have a Sandisk SSD but both are doing the same problem.

Maybe twice a month, apparently during a "sleep" period based on the Windows system logs, Windows crash and auto-reboot, but apparently at this point the ProDesk doesn't see the system drive (SSD) anymore because I have a "NO BOOT DISK DEVICE" error. After forcing a reboot, it goes automatically into the "UEFI Hardware Diagnostic" page where I simply choose "EXIT" and then the computer boot normally on the SSD with no further error.

I would first consider a software issue like a corrupted system files or whatever, but it sound more like impossible because the G1 has been installed 1 year ago and the G2 have been installed only 1 month ago and both have nothing in common, not even the brand of the SSD and both where clean installed from a Microsoft ISO media when I installed the SSD.

The only common point of these two computers is they have an SSD upgrade instead of a 7200 RPM HDD... but not even the same brand of SSD.

Is there any know issue between any HP ProDesk Mini 600 G1 and G2 and SSD drives??? Both of my two computers have latest BIOS installed BTW.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ProDesk Mini 600 G1-G2 won't boot occasionally (No disk found error, after SSD upgrade)

I'm having the same issue,  Simmz did you ever figure it out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
40 27 1 6
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nop... no help from HP neither. I have 16x ProDesk 600 Mini G1 that have this issue and also I have 2x ProDesk 600 Mini G2 also. I have also ProDesk 600 Mini G3, but these ones comes with factory SSD so no problem yet.

As I indicated all the 600 Mini G1 and 600 Mini G2 have different brands/models/capacity of S-ATA SSD drives... so not a single common point except that this is not an isolate issue since ALL of business computers are affected by this problem. All BIOS and drivers are up-to-date as well, last BIOS for 600 Mini G1 is like 1 month old and it's on all computer and issue still present like 1 per month during a warm reboot.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation