1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Problem with start up HP dx5150mt

HP Recommended
dx5150mt
Microsoft Windows XP

Hey everyone

I took my old HP dx5150mt because I wanted to feel back Windows XP. The last time I booted him a few years ago, he worked fine. But now doesn't boot. I press the boot-button I hear the fans starting to work, the light from the hdd burns yellow and the start up light also. But after +-5 seconds the boot light ( the right one on the picture) turns red and the light from the hdd doesn't burn anymore. And the red light is so bright that the hdd light also burns. Picture

The light goes on and off but the speaker makes also a beep-sound and I don't get an image on the screen. 

Does anyone know the sollution for the problem? 

Kind gegards

Vincent

1 REPLY 1
Clément_2000
Level 1
6 6 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem (beeps) with te same pc, and I managed to repair it.

How much times does it beeps ?

If it's five times, it means that your graphic chip isn't working properly : if it's your case (it was mine), you can add a basic  GPU and conect it to your monitor (but i dont know if it works), or you'll have to replace your mother board (I managed to find one on a other one for free).

If it's 3 times, you'll probably have to replace or remove ram scicks, or you can try removing them blowing air and put them back.

or if it's any of theeses look here --> Phoenix bios beep code, or search for phoenix bios beep code.

I hope that will help you, please tell me.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation