1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pump Speed and BIOS update issue

OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-079ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

Today I faced the strange CPU fan behaviour - suddenly it starts to make loud noise without any reason (max rpm while tiny CPU usage). There is no dust inside, everything is clean. AIDA64 shows 100 Celsius for all 4 cores. I tried to update BIOS, for this purpose I found latest version on your website (sp85692.exe for SSID 8307, Tampa MB). I made the update, but after restart PC shows this:

DSC_0554.JPG

After this PC turns off, there is no way to boot Windows.
I tried to clear CMOS, to recover BIOS to default, to roll back to old BIOS version (sp80649.exe) - nothing does help

Any suggestions / recommendatios?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,476 26,431 2,200 3,373
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pump Speed and BIOS update issue

@appendix

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there are issues such as excessive noise among others from the CPU fan,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Does the device not boot into windows anymore?
  • Did you run any hardware test using the hardware diagnostics tool (F2 during a restart)?
    • Click here for steps on performing a hardware test.
      (
      Run tests when Windows doesn't start-extensive test)
  • Did you get any errors related to the CPU Fan? (If yes, visit this link for assistance: 

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If you haven't used the HP article to troubleshoot or complete the BIOS recovery: Click here for steps.

Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly and I recommend using the steps in the below link to have it addressed:

Use this link: Click here to reduce the heat (If need be)

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical)

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation