Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z400 W3565 3.2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased an HP Z400 W3565 3.2 Win 10 Pro 64bit. Regretably, can only access the Admin logon/password enabling access to the system BUT cannot access the Administrator. Vendor did not supply and reach for the password. Perhaps somebody may help me with detailed steps to clear and replace the current password enabling me to set up with a new Administrator password. Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that you are having concern related to Password with new HP PC  

Unfortunately, this is Admin user related Concern and if the Dealer is not sure about the Password

You can reset the pc for the Quicker solution since this is a New PC,

Hope you do not have Data in it to save it before Resetting

Hope this helped.

I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that you are having concern related to Password with new HP PC  

Unfortunately, this is Admin user related Concern and if the Dealer is not sure about the Password

You can reset the pc for the Quicker solution since this is a New PC,

Hope you do not have Data in it to save it before Resetting

Hope this helped.

I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.