Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Purchased refurbished PC will not start up with Samsung SSD

Pavilion 570-P077C MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this Pavilion 570-P077C MT refurbished PC from MacMall.com a couple weeks ago.

The serial # is [edited] and P/N is Z5P20AAR.  HP support cannot even find it so I can check for updated software.

The PC came with a 90 day warranty.  The HP Support Assistant did find my ser # and Part #.

I have registerred it but the PC does not display properly in the dashboard under my profile.

When I rep;aced the installed hard drive with a Samsung 500GB SSD the PC would not even power up past the BIOS,

The PC is just locked at the BIOS screen.  The F10, F9, Esc will not changer anything.

I want to replace the factory HD with a SSD so It will operate much better.

I have been able to put a NVMe m.2 SSD in he M2 slot and it will boot up just fine.

But when I put a SATA SSD in the system it will not boot

I have tried to talk to a support agent but when I type my serial # in the request window, the system cannot verify that my PC is under warranty.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,437 22,380 2,048 4,893
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lantig1939 

I'm sorry but refurbished PCs, provided by a third-party, are ONLY warrantied through that third-party -- NOT by HP.

You will have to contact where you bought it for warranty support.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP has already given me a 90 day warranty when I registered the product.  And, HP has offered me a Care Pack for extended warranty.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation