10-12-2017 04:01 PM
A push update was sent to my computer and it's been updating for 2 days (stuck at 77%). Basically the computer won't boot and is unusable.
10-12-2017 08:12 PM
Welcome to your forum bspingar!: do this
1. shut down your computer for a few minutes detach all your devices except your monitor, keyboard & mouse
2. restart it pressing whatever f key you require to get into the BIOS to reset it to default configuration even if necessary go back to which device is used 1st to receive the install (it's either the optical or USB drives) choose the save configuration button
3. the computer should have either the optical drive or USB port operational stick either your recovery media in either one that pertains to the style of the media
there's a good chance that this update corrupted Windows dooming it to a loop
hopefully your recovery media wakes your PC up to get it back to normal
4. if your computer comes back if you have a repair disk & a backup you'll be able to get everything back once you reattach everything
this is what I had to do when I was trying to reinstall all my stuff while at Windows 7 & I had the internet connection on I knew I was in trouble when I had to wait while Windows 7 was installing 3025 updates & didn't finish until 3am! 2.5 weeks ago unfotunately the router I'm using is as slow as an paleolithic "shotgun" 56k x2 modem
hopefully you have some recovery media I have both recovery & windows repair media
hope this works for you
if not perhaps you can enlist the help of other members of this panel to resolve this
we will stiil be here on your behalf
10-15-2017 02:03 PM
Nope your solution didn't work. All the computer wants to do is go update windows. It's been trying to update for 4 days now (now up to 82% after 4 days). My conclusion, HP sent a bad update and blew up my computer. I'm done. Going to recover the hard drive and move on to another, hopefully better brand like Asus or Dell.
10-16-2017 10:40 AM
Appreciate your efforts 🙂
It could be an issue with the update. Try to perform a hard reset on the machine as suggested here: http://bit.ly/2xvgWUZ
Now, try to run the update troubleshooter from here: http://bit.ly/2yrXH13
If the issue persists, please contact the HP phone support to get the PC service options.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
If you have any troubles, let me know and I’ll do my best to help!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee