75 50 5 9
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ROM Family BIOS SSID 282B

HP 450-A24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community

There is a web site which list the latest BIOS update for Spectre malware.  it has not been created yet. Well there is a BIOS update under Consumer Manufacture Desktop and Laptop.https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85267.exe . Well I now know that A0.14 is for ROM Family BIOS SSID 2B53, having WEI index Processor 8.4 to 5.9 wasn't acceptable. I did a clean install, again of Windows 10 upgrade 2015, to Windows 10 1703. The WEI index Processor 7.2 to present 6.9 which is 4% slower than 30% Thursday. When the update to Windows 10 1803 is finished. The WEI index Processor 8.4 to present TBD. Now you all see this issue I'm going through, so the question is. What I did in updating BIOS for SSID 2B53 not compatible to SSID 282B? I hope there may be a way to undo my mistake and face Spectre with A0.10.

Regards Redscarlett

P.S. The WEI index Processor 8.4 to present 8.4. Windows 10 1803 ignores the 4% slowness of the BIOS update. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
75 50 5 9
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ROM Family BIOS SSID 282B

After several weeks has passed.  It seams there is no issue with kissing cousin and compatible.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation