cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanieKL
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Random Black Screen Once Running/Booted, then locks up.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Once I have had my Pavillion running for any length of time it goes to black screen, then locks up and I have to restart the computer.  I am one month outside of warranty.    Can't open Task Manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del).  I uninstalled McAfee to see if it was a problem but still having problems.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JanieKL,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Does this happen when you open any particular software or application?

While you respond to that, I recommend you run a hardware test on the computer to make sure all the hardware components on the computer are working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to run a system test on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

If the system test pass, then follow the steps 2 and 3 in the below article and check whether the issue is resolved. If the issue persists continue with rest of the troubleshooting.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03408309

If the system test fails, I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@@JanieKL,

Please follow the below steps to run the system test on the computer.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click System Tests.

Selecting the System Tests from the main menu

4. The System Tests menu displays.

System Tests menu

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation