Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My new HP 14"  I 3 81300 series with flash HD, just booted into diagnostic mode for a second time. No tests show any issues. I returned another one as it did the same thing, and refused to charge on the cord. I have restored the bios to default before this last time. The thing i did on both rigs was to change from Win-s to Win 10 64 bit. Should I return this one as well? I need this rig to last several years like my Acer Aspire (still, running with issues). Does this boot issue portend failure in the near future..? Cheers, Julian

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@findingzzero
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, this error message will not cause any harm to your system,

Try the steps recommended below.

• Press CTRL + Alt + Del on the blank screen.
  • Click on Task Manager
  • Click "File" - "Run a new task" If there is no "file" option, please click on the task manager under the "details"
  • In the pop-up window, enter "msconfig" click "OK"
  • In the system configuration window that appears, click "Service" and uncheck "App Readiness".
  • Click "Apply" --- "OK"
  • In the following window appears to click on the "restart"

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why not just type msconfig. into the win search box on bottom left. In any case,  app readiness was already unchecked, but also was selective startup, not normal startup. I left it thusly.

HP Recommended

@findingzzero

Are you able to select the startup options?

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.