Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Unused 2 years. Wanted Administrator password - unknown. System now disabled 75384922

My dad gave me his Pavillion All-in-One PC. Unfortunately, he doesn’t remember what his password is to access the administrator’s settings. I can use the computer because he doesn’t require a sign in when you turn on the machine. But I can’t sign in without the password to access any of the settings. Anyone help me out with this? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
82,846 82,738 10,384 22,264
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Unused 2 years. Wanted Administrator password - unknown. System now disabled 75384922

@Damoct

This is a tricky one. Please try to reboot and enter

If no luck, please call HP in your country for help

In the US:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

or call HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html    

Regards.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where would I enter that eight digit number? Only place I can think of is if I go into Window settings/accounts/sign in options/change your password. Is this correct? Sorry for the extra questions but this has me totally stumped
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
82,846 82,738 10,384 22,264
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Damoct

Did you go pass the first screen ? Those number is for the very first screen only.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Google-search for "Nordahl offline password".

Download this software, and follow the instructions to "burn" this software to CD-recordable media.

Boot your "inherited" computer from the CD-R, and follow the on-screen instructions to "blank" the password for the 'Administrator' ID.

Reboot from the 'C:' drive.

When prompted for a password, just press ENTER.

Set a new password.

Write it down, and give a copy to your dad, for safe-keeping, in case there is some event that makes you unable to login by yourself.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation