Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Xa0057c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought PC yesterday started up normally the first time.  When I went to log on last night a black screen appears saying system was not shut down properly.  This then begins the startup process only to get a blue screen that flickers and the symbol spinning. I attempted f11 and tried both a full restore and Windows restore only to get a message saying there was a problem. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Knights11

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I see that you are getting a blue screen error on the all in one PC, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you with this.

Let's try running a system test and Harddrive test and check how does the test go.

Open the System Tests menu when Windows won't start.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click System Tests.

The System Tests menu displays.

4. From the main menu, click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

Selecting the Extensive Test

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component displays on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

Running the Extensive Test

6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

If the System Test did not detect a hardware problem, continue with the Component Tests section.

Then, Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Sample List of the Component tests

1. In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive, and then click Quick Test.

Selecting the Hard Drive Quick Test

2. Click Run Once.

Hard Drive Quick Test - Run once

3. The Hard Drive Quick Test begins. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When the test is complete, the screen displays the results. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

4. If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but there is still a problem with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run these tests individually, select them from the Hard Drive Tests menu.

If the hard drive fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

Keep me posted, how the test goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.