Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 821D - Bios AMI F.50 - Intel Pentium J3710 - 4GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm try to replace the original hard disk (TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 SATA-III 1 TB) with a new one: Samsung 860 QVO SSD 1 TB.

The problem is that when I boot the PC it is blocked and I can't enter in Bios menu.

If I boot with the original hard drive (or with a traditional HD such as Maxtor Diamond not SSD) the system start up, the bios is available and I can boot from external USB for installing OS.

In the other hand, if I boot with the new SSD (or with another SSD, eg.: Crucial MX500) it is blocked: when I push Esc or F9 or F10 buttons at startup, the screen show at the left on the top the system info and on the bottom at the center and right the title of bios page, but don't enter in bios configuration.

Before starting I try also to change in bios the following parameters: "Protect Starting" = DISABLED and "Support Legacy" = ENABLED, but the problem persist.

Thank you for your attention. Regards

20200403_123149.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

same exact problem,
always remains blocked on the HP logo

HP Recommended

Matteo soluzioni trovate ?

HP Recommended

Hi Geko, no nothing.. I hope someone helps us.

Do you speak italian?

HP Recommended

Yes, I speak italian

HP Recommended

I add a picture of the screen message that appear when I strike the Esc key. 

Anyone have a suggestion ?

Thank you for attention

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.