Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500

26146FA0-4A27-4462-AB0C-74F2E0ACE8B8.jpeg

 when I turn on the computer it starts this scan then goes to this screen

6A61A4B2-07B2-41A0-B30E-41E2C6BEAE17.jpeg

 sorry the pictures loaded sideways...anyway this screen comes up and it won’t let me get out of it. I’m not sure if I should try some of the options or not. Does anyone know how to skip out of this and go to my desktop? Or can you tell me if this is real or a virus?

I tried to restart my computer in safe mode and it wouldn’t let me. Still brought me here. I also restarted and hit esc and ran a test that the computer passed. Any ideas how to get to where I can use my computer again?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It is not a virus, but I don't know how you can get out of it if that is the only thing that comes up when you start up the PC.

I can tell you that it is not good.  Could be a failed hard drive.

See what happens if you press the control + Alt + Delete keys to end the task.

HP Recommended

Crl alt delete doesn’t do anything 😞

HP Recommended

Then I would try the System Recovery option in your second screenshot.

Bear in mind that if you elect that option, you will lose all data currently on the hard drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.