Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Red Diamond Shaped Image on screen at beginning of start up

ENVY 860-180st desk top
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Several months ago I started to get an image displayed on my sceen at the beginning of the start up sequense. It is a red diamond shape with an image inside it. As far as I can tell it is not causing any problems but I am not confortable with it being there. When I first got the system from HP it was not there. I have McAfee Anti-virus software on my machine as well as Malwarebytes and they don't show I have any issues with my pc. I have called HP support and talked with them about this and they were unable to do anything about the issue. If anyone has experienced this same image showing up I would like to here from you and what you know about it. I am including a screen shot so you can see what I am talking about. I believe these images are rotated 90 degrees in this post.

HP Screen shot full 10-05-17.jpegHP Startup screen shot close up 10-5-17.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,365 10,321 2,028 3,960
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Red Diamond Shaped Image on screen at beginning of start up

Hi,

It is the HP OMEN LOGO. Nothing to worry about, must have happened after some HP update.

https://www.google.it/search?q=hp+omen+logo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia7rqwqdzWAhUGYZoKH...

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation