Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP elite 8200 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have had hard time booting HP elite 8200 SFF. I tried to add a new hard drive but bootiing did not succeed. I then removed the added drive, but the system refused booting. power on/off many times without it booting but then suddenly it vooted to win10. The computer then worked but then hibernated. I tried to start it, but it refused.

I managed to get it working again but now the power led is red. It should be green. I disabled windows10 fast boot after this. No help. Still power is red.

My system has no UEFI.

What is wrong? Can someone please help a little.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

>  I managed to get it working again but now the power led is red. It should be green.

Correct.  You have a "hardware" problem:

* failing power-supply, or,

* failing motherboard, or,

* failing processor.

It would be easiest to temporarily connect a different power-supply.

It's definitely more work to disassemble the computer, to remove the processor, to swap-in a different/compatible one, and to reassemble.

It's a huge amount of work to fully disassemble the computer, to remove the motherboard, to find (HP? eBay?) a compatible motherboard, to swap it in, and to reassemble.

Is the computer still under the HP warranty?  How old is it?

If not, how much can you afford to pay a computer technician to do some/all of the above?

Should you divert that money towards the purchase of a new computer?

If it is running Windows 7, note that Microsoft will terminate all support for Windows 7 in January 2020 -- just over 2 years away.  At that time, you will need to purchase a new computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.