Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp workstation Z400

How can I reflash bios I don't have any disk please help me workstation Z400

1607008999392.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

z400 but no OS told why skip OS name and version, we sure can not guess that.

the Z400 support page covers  that.

ever see that?

here it is

first google it

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-z400-workstation/3718668

i click drivers

set OS to w7 (or hp masks the BIOS for some odd reasons)

then BIOS.

see 2 files, one is binaries and other is BCU

the BIOS PAGE states.

WARNING: After installing this BIOS version onto the system, prior BIOS versions cannot be installed onto the system.

This SoftPaq includes the following methods for changing the BIOS version:
- Use HPQFlash to upgrade the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Use the utilities in this package to flash the BIOS in a DOS environment from bootable media.
- Use the ROM images in this package with the Computer Setup Utility (F10) to flash the BIOS from a USB flash drive or CD-ROM drive.

F10 is the most safe of all..

do not brick the PC doing this wrong 10 ways others do, world wide the brickrate is 200,000 google it see.

if not wanting that risk , steel your self.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I was using windows 7.... I have shared the picture of error... Pc can't boot I don't know what to do please guide me.... Im new with this condition....

Regards..

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.