Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a HP Envy 700-214 with a setup password that I don't know what is it. Therefore I cannot access the bios. I have tried clearing the bios and when the pc restarts it says default bios settings loaded but when i try to access the bios again it still asks for the setup password. Thanks, Nathan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there are no instructions listed on the support page for how to clear the BIOS password.

But take a look at the motherboard picture below...below the memory slots, and above the sata ports, are what appears to be two little blue jumpers. 

Shut down and unplug the PC before working inside of it.

Take a look at the white lettering on the motherboard by those jumpers.  One may indicate CLR CMOS and the other CLR PSWD.

So if one of them is the clear password jumper, the usual procedure to clear the password is this...

1. Shut down and unplug the PC.

2. Move the clear password jumper over one pin. It looks like from the picture, you can only move it to the left.

3.  Plug in and turn on the PC.  The password should now be cleared.

4. Shut down and unplug the PC.  Move the clear password jumper back to its default position.

5. Plug in and turn on the PC.

Photograph of motherboard

HP Recommended

I have done as you instructed to no avail, still getting the same thing.IMG_0878.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.