Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All in One 23-q255na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP software is causing many problems on my desktop. Slow to start always goes to the HP Logo and freezes etc etc. Warranty expired and to expensive to renew. How do I remove all the HP software so that my desktop will boot straight into win10 - please help - thank you.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi,

Probably the easiest way is to perform a clean install of the OS. You can download the media creation tool from  Microsoft, run and create a bootable pendrive with Windows 10 on it. Next use this drive to perform clean install of Windows 10 on your PC. When you get to screen choose custom install and delete all partitions and then choose the unallocated space to install the OS (you will loose all personal files, so back them up on an external drive or second drive)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Windows 10 will automatically activate once installed as long as you install same version (home or pro) that was already on the PC. If prompted for product key during installation just click on do not have one.

Now, oncw installed let the PC completely update and find all or most drivers for your PC. This can take a couple of hours and a couple of reboots. Best to follow the process by going to settings > Security and Updates > click on verify for updates. If you see that after a while certain updates are not installing, reboot the PC and click on verify dor updates again.

Once completely updated, go to device manager and see if all the devices have drivers. If any are missing there will be yellow exclamation mark next to it. You can find all the drivers for your PC here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-23-q200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-to...

This way you will have clean install of Windows without HP programs.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

> HP software is causing many problems on my desktop.

I disagree with the recommendations of the Other Person, because I think that the problem is "elsewhere" -- not in the HP software.

> Slow to start; always goes to the HP Logo and freezes, etc etc.

Look for a LED on your computer, that blinks whenever there is disk-drive input/output.

As you power-on your computer, watch that LED.

After a few seconds, does the LED light-up at all -- is the computer "frozen" for a while?  How many seconds, before a flurry of activity, as Windows loads.

Power-off your computer.

Power-on your computer, press ESC, and then launch the built-in HP Hardware Diagnostics.

Run all the tests.  Tell us the result.

If the disk-drive "fails", that is a big problem -- backup all your Personal Files, while you still can.

> Warranty expired and too expensive to renew.

Really? If you can renew it, do so, and then contact HP, to get "free" technical support, and maybe a repair/replacement of your computer.

> How do I remove all the HP software so that my desktop will boot straight into win10 ?

Within "Settings", use "uninstall a program", if you think that your analysis is correct.

HP Recommended

Hi @mdklassen

I did not give recommendation as "other person". I answered the question asked.

Th uninstall option will actually not uninstall all HP software from PC.

David

HP Recommended

OK so how do I get rid of this HP Sotware?

HP Recommended

My desktop is an all in one - there are no LEDS apart from the on/off light which is and has always been static.

All I want to do is get rid of this HP software and boot straight into windows.

HP Recommended

OK so how do I get rid of this HP Sotware?

Your computer has Microsoft Windows, with the necessary  HP device-drivers, plus other "add-on" software supplied by HP.  You should not remove the HP device-drivers.

The HP device-drivers can be compared to the tires on your automobile -- necessary parts,

while the sun-roof and leather seats are "add-ons" that don't improve the primary function of your automobile.

If your testing of the HP hardware has not reported any problems, then using "uninstall a program" is your next step.

Pick one of the "add-on" HP programs, and uninstall.  Reboot, and see if there is any improvement.

Repeat with the next "add-on" HP program, and test again.

HP Recommended

My desktop is an all in one - there are no LEDS apart from the on/off light which is and has always been static.

All I want to do is get rid of this HP software and boot straight into windows.

Take a look at the back panel.  That "disk-drive-activity" LED exists, on the back.

What specific "add-on" programs do you think are causing your symptoms?

HP Recommended

How do I ascertain what is an add on programe or HP software.

HP Recommended

I have looked on the back and there are no LED lights there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.