Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset Bios Password on hp 500-560nf

hp 500-560nf

Hi, after a big crash on my hard drive, I need to boot on an USB or DVD Device on my HP 500-560nf(motherboard : HP IPM87-MP)

But I can't modify boot sequence because of need the Bios password...

So, my question is : can you please help me to reset this Bios password ?

Indeed, i've tried to move jumpers as described in specs :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Slimline-400-Desktop-PC-series/8499660/model/8567067/documen...

I've tried many solutions : move jumpers, unplug during 1H and move jumpers, before, after...

But it doesn't work either.

Can you please help me ?

Thank you very much, i'm pretty stuck right now...

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,391 2,258
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset Bios Password on hp 500-560nf

Hi @charlyoleg,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂  

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.  

As I understand there is a message - "system disabled" on your screen and you need assistance with the same,  

You would have to Contact HP for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.  

Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP.  

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation