Level 2
20 10 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Resetting BIOS password

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p038no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Is it anyway possible that i can reset/remove my bios password in my HP Pavilion 570-p038no? Because i set the password sometime ago and cannot remember it anymore. I know you possible can remove it by taking out the battery in Motherboard but i dont want to do it that way. Can you send me here some tips please? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
118,601 108,782 17,280 26,422
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the link below, I/O Ports and Jumpers section, and in that section are the instructions to clear the BIOS P/W.

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c05408562

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 10 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. Now i did the password jumper take out and put back in the same place. It removed the password put im In bios i cant do anything there i can scroll tabs but if i enter and to see something nothing happens. What i need to do now? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
118,601 108,782 17,280 26,422
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That I do not know.

You may want to try clearing the CMOS which is the other procedure under that section.

Clearing the CMOS will reset the BIOS to its defaults and the PC will 'relearn' all of the hardware.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation