Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p038no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Is it anyway possible that i can reset/remove my bios password in my HP Pavilion 570-p038no? Because i set the password sometime ago and cannot remember it anymore. I know you possible can remove it by taking out the battery in Motherboard but i dont want to do it that way. Can you send me here some tips please? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the link below, I/O Ports and Jumpers section, and in that section are the instructions to clear the BIOS P/W.

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c05408562

HP Recommended

Thanks. Now i did the password jumper take out and put back in the same place. It removed the password put im In bios i cant do anything there i can scroll tabs but if i enter and to see something nothing happens. What i need to do now? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That I do not know.

You may want to try clearing the CMOS which is the other procedure under that section.

Clearing the CMOS will reset the BIOS to its defaults and the PC will 'relearn' all of the hardware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.