Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pro 6300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On boot up or restart, Hp Pro 6300 SFF has always... started normally (gave no power to my mouse and keyboard) but nothing shows up, everything is running I can hear the fans on and everything, but nothing turned on. And then the system suddenly restarts. This has been happening ever since I have gotten this system. Never really payed no mind to it but have been since the system now takes forever to start after restart. The highest amount of times its restarted its self like this was about 3-4 times. Took about 1-3 minutes to load into the actual OS.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the same thing happens on the 8200 Elites too with certain BIOS versions installed on W10.

I think if you go into the BIOS, security menu and hide the embedded security (TPM) device, the PC will restart within a 'normal' time limit.

You won't be able to use Bitlocker if that matters to you, with the TPM hidden.

HP Recommended

How do you get into the Bios/Uefi, I have not found a way that has worked on my computer yet... help?

HP Recommended

Start the PC, and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the ESC key to get the menu options.

Select the F10 Setup option and hit the enter key.

HP Recommended
Thank you! But I cannot find the tpm security tab on the bios.
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the manual below, chapter 3, page 18 for the location of that setting...

Embedded Security Device (enable/disable) - Permits activation and deactivation of the Embedded Security Device.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04034127

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.