Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 290-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Slimline Desktop - 290-p0 recently had a few updates. Since that time, my PC won't shut down on its own. I'm receiving a message during shutdown that "RtIS5Wake is preventing my computer from shutting down and gives me the option to cancel or shut down anyway." I choose to shut down anyway. An internet search shows that RtIS5Wake is a .exe file related to Realtek-WOW-Utility, which is one of the apps running upon startup. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full version of windows
for windows 10 type winver in the search box

-----------------------------------------------------------

Does this happen every time, all the time?
It can happen, it is usually not a big deal!
when the computer is shut down, programs should normally stop running, but sometimes it may take longer for one reason or another, so windows will warn you.
There are different possibilities, to remedy this, if it can not be solved simply by an update, it will be necessary to force the stop, or to deactivate the program.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Product number: X6C23AA#ABA

Model: HP Slim Desktop 290-p0xxx

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004 (OS build 19041.746)

The problem happens when I try to shut down.

HP Recommended

hi

Check in the installed programs, and if present uninstall: Realtek-WOW-Utility
download the network driver and install it!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-slim-290-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390524/model/...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I checked my programs list & do not have Realtek-WOW-Utility. I do have REALTEK Bluetooth Driver & Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.

HP Recommended

Well in this case uninstall the network driver, then update

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Would that be the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver?

HP Recommended

Audio driver is for audio!
I didn't pay attention, you said you only have Bluetooth?
Well I have both installed ( bluet and net ..) , but maybe not like this every time, good just tried installing the update directly Often the driver is uninstalled automatically anyway!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.