Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 800 G1 SFF
Unknown

I recently bought a HP 800 G1 second hand. I reapplied the thermal paste, put in 1 stick of ram into DIMM 1 (which I checked works in another HP machine), plugged in the 240W psu connectors (6pin, 4pin and 3rd white connector) and plugged in the cpu fan cable. I then plugged the system into power and turned the powerpoint on, the fan spun up on the cpu cooler for about 1-2 seconds and the computer simultaneously beeped twice. Then fan then spun down and the computer beeped twice, with a 3 second pause between each two beeps,  another 4 times. The red light on the power button flashed with each beep and continued to flash after the beeping stopped. I referred to this site: https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/bph07107. Which suggested that the issue was a cpu thermal issue, however I've made sure to screw the cooler in as far as tightly as I can and the cpu fan connector is connected. I also plugged in another fan (that I know works) that I had lying around into the cpu fan header and it still had the same issue so I know it's not a problem with the fan itself. Any guidance you could give me for troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For anyone else that has an issue that sounds like mine, I solved it by trying another Haswell CPU that I had lying around. It turned out that it was the CPU that was causing the system to have the boot issue, the one I have in the system before must've been dead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

For anyone else that has an issue that sounds like mine, I solved it by trying another Haswell CPU that I had lying around. It turned out that it was the CPU that was causing the system to have the boot issue, the one I have in the system before must've been dead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.