1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen blank

HP Stream 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hi,

I bought my laptop two days ago and when I turned it on today, the hp sign comes up, then the login page comes up, it loads and then the screen is black? All I can see is the little arrow.

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 1
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen blank

Hi there,

Here is the work around for the Blank screen issue which is prevailing on your notebook.

Step 1: On the blank screen tap “ctrl+alt+del” to open Task Manager

Step 2: click on File à New Task, there type in as “msconfig”

Step 3: In System Configuration window go to “Services” tab

Step 4: Under list of services find “App Readiness” & uncheck and click “OK”

Step 5: Restart PC

Once this is done and you are back on the homepage, please click on the below link to download the file which could fix this issue for good.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81965.exe

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Rahul
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen blank

I tried lots of fix for it but none of those worked. This one worked and fixed my issue. Thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen blank

That's wonderful to know 🙂

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Rahul
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen blank

Rather than "disabling" anything, with possible side-effects on your HP computer, see:

Incorrect Registry Keys - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043345

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017, there was a Windows Update released that is incompatible with Windows 10 ('1703 Creators Update') on HP computers. This update caused the "black screen" symptom.

Solution: start Windows, login, and wait up to 15 minutes, until the Windows desktop appears.

Then, access: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043292/

Download and use "Run as Administrator" to install the update.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation