Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Yesterday I have started my All in One PC for the first time, all cables properly connected as well as mouse and keyboard.

Turned the PC on and then screen showed HP Logo. Then, the blue screen showed with "Just a moment" and rotating dots.

It's been like that for 14 hours now with Just a Moment on the screen. I understand Windows takes some time to install.

Is it normal - 14 hours?

That's all it does at the moment. Screen hasn't taken me to the language choice yet.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

> Yesterday I have started my All in One PC for the first time

First, try powering-off your computer, by holding-down the on/off button for 10 seconds.

Then, power-on your computer, and see if this restart is any better.

Second, with your purchase, you are entitled to at least 30 days of free telephone support from HP.

Contact them, and exercise that entitlement.

Maybe, you purchased a "dud". If so, HP will replace it, under the HP Warranty.

HP Recommended

Hello
you may have to restart the recovery process
I had a similar problem, failed for me because hdd HS
so restart the computer, but press the f11 key several times, you should get to the process
then restart the system recovery

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04758961

depending on the model this option may not be possible see the indications in the link
possibly give the exact model of the computer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Ally246 

I have a very different perspective -- which I will share with you.

I expect, no  -- DEMAND, that new PC equipment work just fine right out of the box!  If I have ANY problems with it at all, I take or send it right back -- for a full refund!  You should NOT have to be jumping through hoops to get something you paid good money for to work. It should just plain work -- period.

The problem you are having could be nearly anything, but it is generally caused by two different situations.  First, it can be Windows Update having crashed on you -- and this is not something you can repair.  Second, it can be a drive failing on you -- which is also something you can not repair. The second is unlikely with a new PC, but it is not impossible.

Your PC -- your choice.

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello
in effect @WAWood 
but it depends, maybe there is nothing serious, start over and everything is fine
You can actually return the computer directly, but it can be more or less long, complicated.
unless it is possible to return it directly to where it was purchased, there yes, do not hesitate
Sometimes, for a support it is more complicated, and you will be asked for a series of tests, before making a decision.
I took the lead for my computer, so I knew what he had, and I just asked for a hard drive, and the recovery system, it was very fast, the computer is still working to this day since 2013

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée 

Yeah -- I know there are different positions on this -- but I only provided my personal choice.

My own experience with new PCs is if they fail immediately (within a day or two), they are going to be an ongoing problem -- and that is something I don't want to have to deal with.  So, my choice is to return them right away, even if I have to box them back up, lug them to a shipping store and have them sent back.

Also, it just seems to me, as evidenced by more of these "just bought it and it's failed already" posts, that the quality of products is plummeting and holding onto those is asking for more of the same problems.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Sorry @Ally246  we're doing a little off topic

Indeed, I agree, on condition of being able to return the computer immediately, and that it can refund, or make the exchange, sometimes easier said than done.
I also agree, if it starts off badly, it's not always a good thing.
But hey sometimes it's just capricious, we start again, and no more problem, for that I just advise to try, the user will be quickly fixed
And if not better, then yes we get rid of this nasty thing
I do not know if the quality of the product to drop, because I have observed the same thing for many years
Certainly there are problems, but it always has been, and nothing better than being on a support platform to encounter problems.
Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to test new HP products for a long time.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.