Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-a100 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I startup my desktop, the internet does not automatically start.  I have to start it manually.  I am running Windows 10.  The internet wireless setting is set to connect automatically.  This has been a problem since the last HP update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Edith49

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand since the latest HP update the internet does not automatically connect on startup

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you install all available updates from windows to resolve the issue?

(If not please do as they normally release a patch to fix these issues that occur after an update)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog, type services.msc, press Enter

Look for Remore Procedure Call (RPC) > Right-Click and go to properties,

Stop the Service, Then Click on Start, followed by changing the Startup Type to Automatic.

Then, Click on Apply & OK, restart the computer once done.

And check if it works fine.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Edith49

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand since the latest HP update the internet does not automatically connect on startup

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you install all available updates from windows to resolve the issue?

(If not please do as they normally release a patch to fix these issues that occur after an update)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog, type services.msc, press Enter

Look for Remore Procedure Call (RPC) > Right-Click and go to properties,

Stop the Service, Then Click on Start, followed by changing the Startup Type to Automatic.

Then, Click on Apply & OK, restart the computer once done.

And check if it works fine.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For some reason it started working fine today without me doing anything.  Thank you for your time in answering my question.  Maybe it was just my internet provider.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Edith49, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned your internet is working fine without trying out any steps.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

>  Thank you for your time in answering my question. 

Welcome to this forum.

As a matter of ettiquette, please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

In this case, do not select my posting -- the others who contributed deserve the "kudos".

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response, to indicate that you are satisfied with the responses, and do not need additional input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.