Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 20-c028 (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my computer won't come out of sleep mode no matter what buttons or even trying the mouse screen will not come on i have to do hard boot every time to use computer and runs slow slow slow

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This is usually a driver problem when all system drivers are not up to date unless you have messed with Power Options in Control Panel. Reset Power options to defaults.

Have you checked Windows Update a couple of times?

Check Device Manager in Control Panel for any problem devices.

Check Security and Maintenance in Control Panel for incomplete driver installations. Check System Information in Control Panel, Administrative Tools. Look at: Hardware Resources, Forced Hardware and then Components, Problem Devices.

A slow PC may or may not correlate to a waking from sleep problem.

You may have to bite the bullet, back up data, then try a Fresh Start. A Fresh Start can be done by going to Settings, More Recovery Options, Fresh Start. Or do a HP recovery if you have HP recovery media.

You will have to reinstall some programs and apps. You may lose some HP software.

I don't know what else to tell you.

You could also have a hardware problem.

Run HP Diagnostics (Link) before doing a Fresh Start or any other recovery option. Tap "ESC' at boot. Select "F2". Run System Tests.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.