Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline 260-a180nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Something went wrong with a bios flash update on this pc, and is only giving a black screen when starting up. I cannot get into the bios anymore.

I tried:

- clearing the CMOS using the jumper. 

- to get into the bios update by pressing and holding windows and B keys while starting up the PC, but all I get is the attached screenshot.

- making a USB stick to run bios update from as is described on this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730#:~:text=Insert%20the%20USB%20flash%20drive,hear%20a%....
But yet again pressing windows and B keys gets me to the attached screen.

Pressing esc key while on that screen does not do anything.

HP bios.jpeg

I am stuck now. Is there anything I can do to reflash the bios properly and get this PC working again?

Thanks

Steven

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This seems to be the same behavioer as in my post ' 

Corrupted Bios 844C and CMOS on a HP Pavilion 790-0109 during an automatic scheduled update.

HP Pavlilion 790-0109'

Other recent ones could be related.
No solution yet on mine.

HP Recommended

No solution here yet either. I have bought a CH341A mini programmer to reflash the bios myself, but no luck so far. I am going to buy a new bios chip, flash that and replace the current bios chip on the motherboard as a last possible solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.