Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline 400-434
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been working on a Pavilion 400-434 desktop PC tonight.  The PC wouldn't (and doesn't) run.  With RAM inserted, it will start, run both fans for a second or two, and then shutdown.  When it starts, it runs for 1 second.  It then shuts down for 13 seconds. It will do this over and over for as long as the power cord is inserted; start up and shut off on its own.   With the RAM removed, the computer starts up, both fans run, and a series of five beeps is heard.  The beeping is heard through five sequences; five beeps five times.  There is a pause of two seconds between each beep.  The five beeps and the front panel Power LED turn on and off in unison.  Once the sequence of five has completed, the beeps are no longer heard; only the front panel Power LED continues to flash.  The computer continues to run (both fans run and the ROM drive runs) until the front panel Power button is held down to force a shutdown.  I suspect the RAM to be failed, but wanted to know if anyone had any troubleshooting tips.  FYI, the cycling happens (both RAM inserted and RAM removed) with power removed from all USB ports, the ROM drive, and the installed HDD.  Suggestions are welcomed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@latagin

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your effort 

This does seem to be an issue with the RAM. Have you tried with a different RAM?

I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.