Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sometimes my pc will not turn on

hp envy h8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Almost every time I power on my pc, it brings up the HP screen and seems to get stuck. Normally I should get the spinning thinking icon and then the computer should go to the home screen, but it doesn't get the thinking icon. I have left it, thinking it would come up eventually, but it does not. I always have to end up holding the power button to crash it and then it will start normally. I have unplugged power and pressed the power button, then waited and replugged and powered up. I have also completely wiped the computer and started from new since I got it from my mom and had to erase her stuff anyway. The computer doesn't show any errors that I can find and doesn't even act like it has been crashed.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sometimes my pc will not turn on

Power-off the computer.

Power-on the computer, and immediately choose to launch the HP Hardware Diagnostics.

Run the tests for the disk-drive, the "short" (a few minutes) test for the RAM, and the motherboard.

What model of computer do you have?

How old is the computer?

How old is the disk-drive? (Most disk-drives come with a 1-year warranty.)

Did your mom purchase an "extended" warranty from HP?  Is that warranty still in effect?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation