Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (198 Views)

Spectre x360 password

Product Name: Spectre x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I received my Spectre some two weeks ago and I started only to gave name and password, change keyboard to UK and then left to charge the battery.

Now I try to use it, and I forgot the the password and the hint leads to nothing, what can I do? 

Hard reset does not works....

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (165 Views)

Re: Spectre x360 password

Hi,

If you created the account with an email and password, see if you can reset the password via another PC from the Microsoft page on the following link.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Otherwise, there is a general policy on the Forum not to provide methods to bypass Windows log-on passwords, however a local computer shop would be able to do this for you.

Another option, if there's nothing you need to back-up, would be to reset the notebook to its 'Factory Condition' and then set it up from the beginning again – if you haven't created your Recovery Media yet, the notebook will have shipped with a Recovery Partition which can be accessed at boot - ie shutdown the notebook, then start tapping away at f11 as soon as you power on.

A full guide on this can be found on the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I eas looking too have a factory reset and the Sepctrum x360 does not have de Fxx keys. 

The hint to reset by pressing power+mute keys simuntaneouly doesnt work.

Well, I'll look for a HP support center

Thanks and best.....

Gonzalo Acevedo

(removed content)

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (152 Views)

Hi,

Your notebook should have f keys - they will have another symbol on the main face of the key, with the f No. printed to the top left corner.  For example on Page 24 of this models User Guide, the f11 key is the same as the audio mute.

You can also access the recovery menu by tapping the esc key continuously as you power on and then select the f11 option.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation