Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (163 Views)

Start up

Product Name: HP omen 870-130
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I just got a brand new HP omen and at first it kept freezing up told me to wipe the computer and restart I did and it fixed the problem. Now when it starts up I get a black screen with the cursor. I've read this is common can anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix this please??
0 Kudos
Dean
Message 2 of 4 (141 Views)

Re: Start up

When you say "told me to wipe the computer and restart I did and it fixed the problem."  Just what did you do to accomplish that step?

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (133 Views)

Went to settings and reset the computer to were it erased all files and re installed windows. I think the reason why my screen is black is because of a game from steam I keep trying to play when I open that game my screen goes black and I have to go on task manager to end that task because everything else on my computer works and even another game of mine opens up and works fine
Dean
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

If the situation is still as "Now when it starts up I get a black screen with the cursor." That is fixed by using startup repair.

Here is an guide on "How to"

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/rescue-an-ailing-system-launch-windows-10-startup-repair-from-th...

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation