Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stopcode: kmode exception not handled {solved}

hp pavilion 590-p0030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last night I got booted with stopcode kmode exception not handled. I've tried to find the cause but i keep getting booted while in windows even from safemode.

I've run hp pc diagnostics and all tests were passed. tried to sfc /scannow but it failed. i even did a reset keeping files but it still keeps happening.

I can navigate all the menus until windows boots then i'm lucky if i can sign in before the stopcode loops. I don't know if there's something i'm overlooking; should I have not kept the files and did a clean reset? any ideas?

EDIT: I seem to have fixed the issue with a clean factory reset; still slowly adding programs/devices. While the reset was plodding along I noticed it logged into an admin account multiple times installing various articles and preforming checks then rebooting; took like three hours or so. During which I realized where I may have goofed when trying to save my files (no big loss). It gave me the option to sign into either the account I was saving or the admin account that I later saw run the installs/checks. Guess which account I chose...

Yep, I spaced thinking nothing of it. I figured I'd post an update for a laugh at my error and mark as solved.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation