Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omni 220 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My all-in-one PC got stuck on the HP bootup blue screen. I attached a USB keyboard to directly to the motherboard but could not enter bios by pressing ESC , F8, or F10. I pulled the hard drive out and turns out that it was bad. Put in a new hard drive, but i still cannot enter BIOS to change the boot order so it boots from DVD drive so i can re-install Windows. I have tried to do a "hard reset" so maybe the USB would be active but as of now, i get no lights on my USB keyboard to indicate that it is working at startup, thus not being able to enter BIOS. Anyone have any ideas on how i can get into BIOS using the USB keyboard? I have tried all the USB ports and nothing has worked. I even pulled the BIOS battery in an attempt to reset the BIOS. Not sure what else could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for you help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NeoGolfer,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As this is a hardware issue, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.