be_dubz
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Stuck on hp screen

HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had an issue were my computer would randomly turn off. And one of the times when I booted it up it paused on the HP logo screen. I had to restart it again and tap esc, go in the bios, and exit the bios (or go into the booting option and choose 'boot on hard drive') for it to boot. Every time my computer turns off I have to repeat the process. Only  sometimes, when I restart the computer a lot,  does it load without me having to go in the bios. Any solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,640 11,579 2,304 4,694
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

First try performing hardware diagnostics on the sytem to see if it detects any hardware failures. Here is link to HP support page showing how to perform these tests from within Windows or at boot:

https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c03467259

Try the fast test first.

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
be_dubz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the fast check everything passed but the battery check was canceled everytime I did it. Do I need to purchase a new battery?

0 Kudos
be_dubz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had replaced the battery and it seems to be booting up now, but when I ran a test I got 
IRQ: Failed 

and the error code was: UE0KNW-8KL96T-XD6WW1-88AB13

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation