Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN Obelisk 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was using my computer as normal when it suddenly flashed to a blue screen with the System_Service_Exception error. Upon reboot, I ran into a "no bootable devices" error. Rebooted again, got a CMOS error that asked to restart to fix. After that restart and all subsequent restarts, I've only gotten the no bootable devices error.

Also, in the process of troubleshooting, I noticed that my computer is just not reading my m.2 NVME drive anymore. It will read my normal HDD just fine, but the NVME isn't listed. I suspect this might be the cause of the issue, as Windows is installed on the NVME, but haven't found any way to fix it.

Things I've tried:

- Hard Reboot

- Removing All Peripherals

- UEFI/Legacy Setting Change

- BIOS Update (went through, changed nothing)

- System Recovery (Doesn't work, says no operating system found)

I'd rather not do a full wipe if I don't have to, but I'm willing to lose the data if it means not having to purchase a replacement.

Any help or insight is appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bingo442 

I wish I had good news for you, but I don't.  While the big PLUS of NVMe drives is their fantastic speed on modern PCs, the big MINUS is their overheating.  Newer retail motherboards are coming out with heatsinks especially designed for the NVMe drives. I got an add-on card to use NVMe on my desktop and it came with heatsinks for the NVMe stick.

If yours did not have a heatsink, mu guess is it overheated and damaged itself to the degree that now, it will no longer work.

Short of replacing it, I know of no other way of getting your PC working again -- and if the drive did not overheat, but damaged something in the motherboard, then replacing the drive is not going to fix it -- so be sure to get one from somewhere that offers a liberal refund policy.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.