Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I've recently installed a 1TB SSD and have it operating successfully.

I also want to shift to the UEFI BIOS replacement but have been unable to get it to work.  After running Microsoft's mbr2gpt conversion tool, I need to go into the BIOS at boot time and switch over to using UEFI boot method.  I've seen many images on the web of users doing this but have been unable to find that option in my BIOS. 

I'm suspecting that my mother board is not setup for UEFI and there may be no way to make it work.

Can anyone tell me if this a UEFI capable machine and if so how to complete the install?

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC has an old Intel series 3 chipset and a legacy BIOS.

The first HP desktop PC's that had UEFI BIOS' were those with the Intel series 6 chipsets.

There is nothing you can do to add UEFI capability to your model PC.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC has an old Intel series 3 chipset and a legacy BIOS.

The first HP desktop PC's that had UEFI BIOS' were those with the Intel series 6 chipsets.

There is nothing you can do to add UEFI capability to your model PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.