Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
PAVILION-ALL-IN-ONE (V8P29AA#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Our church was given two Pavilion All in ones .  Both had motherboard problems, was way out of warranty, we got "NEW" never have been installed. Reinstalled the new MB with new memory and boom.  Both of the BIOS are complaining that the "system board info is blank".  We then installed the late4st BIOS found. we tried using Rufus to get us to use the bios configuration utility.  They all reported that the items were READ ONLY.   So how do we do that ??   HELP !!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WWOW 

I really wish I had good news for you -- but I don't.

HP does not sell new motherboards for their All-in-Ones, nor do the third-party folks that make these motherboards.  So, wherever you got these from, they sold you USED equipment -- with the distinct possibility that these simply do not work!

You normally press F10 repeatedly while rebooting to get into the BIOS settings -- which should be unlocked.

IF they are locked, the BIOSs are password protected and you will not be able to remove that.  So in that case, you spend money on boards you can not use.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.