Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thermal reset

Pavillion model 3LA20AA#ABA S/N 8CG8173WOL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This Gen 8 i7-8700 16gm mem w/2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 Tower.  2 external 2TBSeagate backups on USB ports, Wireless mouse/KB (logitech).  500 GB Samsung M2 SSD was installed as C:  (sysres) with OS and MS office plus other apps installed on it.   Toshiba is set as 😧 (data).  System has done termal reset twice while unattended.

All fans are running but not movinga lot of air.

The slide-off skin (left side) perferations for venting is blocked-off INSIDE THE CASE by the swing out disk/optical drive cage.  Little or no air can enter the case by this pathway.

The perfortions in this skin should be closer to the back edge where they would be onobstructed.

THIS APPEARS TO BE A MECHANICAL DESIGN FLAW.

This PC was bought at  Sam's club, it  has 2 year support.  it is only a couple of months old.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,494 26,449 2,203 3,374
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thermal reset

@IrishLass42

Welcome to HP Forums, 

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service! 

I Understand you need assistance and I would love to help, however, the details you need to resolve this issue cannot be sent in public due to HP's privacy statement:Click here to learn more.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

If you would like to thank us for our efforts, you may click on kudos (the thumbs up button)

And If you wish to help the community grow, mark this post as an accepted solution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation