Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Thin Client 820 (Win Embedded)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

In Thin Client 820 " This computer is being serviced" is coming at login. Users unable to see desktop when they try to sign in to their account. 

Please let me know the solution to the given error. Kindly do the needful.

Please contact me on given mail id which is mentioned below. 

(Removed content)

Many Thanks
Admin
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

you need to remove patch cable at first then login into administrator mode disable write filter then restart the machine and again you need to change the domain to workgroup and back to domain again. then restart the machine after enabling the write filter. Then it will work fine...HOPEFULLY !!!

Many Thanks
Admin
HP Recommended

> In Thin Client 820 "This computer is being serviced" is coming at login. 

Who are the System Administrators for all the Thin Client computers within your corporate network?

Can they temporarily provide a different Thin Client for you to use, while they continue to (remotely) service that computer?

HP Recommended

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is still experiencing this on HP thin clients...  I was able to boot normally after doing the following:

1. Boot in safe mode

2. Delete the file c:\Windows\CCM\Clientstate.dat

3. Boot as usual

"This computer is being serviced" message should be gone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.