Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TouchSmart 610-1230uk
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm struggling to get the PC to power up.  The power button light comes on, the hard disk light is flashing away but the screen is just blank.  It does appear that the monitor is powering up as well but its not showing anything.  I've gone through the articles here and tried a hard reset and removing the memory.  After removing the memory it bleeped 5 times so that appears to working alright.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Five beeps at POST seems to indicate the MB is receiving power.

I can only guess, but it could be a problem with the onboard graphics chip, the power supply, or the integrated monitor.

Your PC is about 8 years old (Link to PC specs). Components fail as they age.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.