Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-e027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to install a Samsung 860 EVO SSD  in an HP All-in-One - 24-e027c   win 10 home 64 bit.  

Data appeared to migrate OK with Samsung Migration tool. 

PC will not even boot to Bios with new SSD installed.  

Replaced old Drive and PC boots fine.  

Can read SSD and see all  migrated data when connected  SATA to USB.   

Is the  SSD  supported on the  HP All-in-One - 24-e027c   win 10 home 64 bit PC?   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I have had hit and miss luck using Samsung's data migration software.

I would try cloning the existing OS disk using Macrium Reflect free(Link).

A failure to load Windows after using this method (Macrium) could mean the new SSD may be faulty or your PC's BIOS has an issue with the Samsung drive.

Connect this Samsung drive having your Samsung migrated OS image to a different PC as the boot disk. See if it will POST and load Windows. At minimum you can verify the Samsung disk is recognized in the BIOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the assist.  

the Macrium Reflect  is a nice  utility.     but  still not working. 

The drive is OK - works in other PC.   

I contacted Samsung also and they too are leaning towards the AMD motherboard SATA chipset not supporting this SSD.   

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

That's too bad, sorry to hear this.

HP makes similar drives. 

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.